How can we stop shark finning trade?
Shark fins are used as a luxurious meal in Asian countries including China. They are dangerously disappearing just because of the trade of their fins.
- American and European countries are first in the line to export shark fins. European laws should be more strict towards south European countries to stop the trade. In the United States, authorities must act by increasing trade controls.
- Asian countries should be aware of the problem. Most countries have the tradition of drinking shark fins soup in festivals. If they really know that sharks will be second in the line of threatened species after Pandas, they will probably find another soup recipe.
- In medicines, some countries are still using fins. There are alternative solutions of nutritions, instead of using shark fins. Next time if you see any shark reference in a pill box ask advice for an alternative medicine to your pharmacy.
- Use modern technology to find areas where sharks swim from one area to another. This would help to secure sea areas. These ocean sites should be prohibited from fishing by law.
- Speak about the topic around you, spreading the message will allow people to become aware of the topic.
A shark eats fishes responsible of increasing sea pollution. There are only few sharks which are dangerous to humain, others are participating to maintain ocean life cycle.