How can we stop the shark finning trade?
Shark fins are used as a luxurious meal in Asian countries, including China. They are dangerously disappearing just because of the trade of their fins.
- American and European countries are first in the line to export shark fins. European laws should be more strict toward south European countries to stop the trade. In the United States, authorities must act by increasing trade controls.
- Asian countries should be aware of the problem. Most countries have the tradition of drinking shark fin soup at festivals. If they know that sharks will be second in the line of threatened species after Pandas, they will probably find another soup recipe.
- In medicines, some countries are still using fins. There are alternative solutions to nutrition, instead of using shark fins. Next time you see any shark reference in a pill box, ask for advice for alternative medicine to your pharmacy.
- Use modern technology to find areas where sharks swim from one area to another. This would help to secure sea areas. These ocean sites should be prohibited from fishing by law.
- Speak about the surrounding topic, spreading the message allows people to become aware of the topic.
A shark eats fishes responsible for increasing sea pollution. There are only a few sharks that are dangerous to humans, others are participating to maintain the ocean life cycle.